First Presbyterian Church
Sioux City, Iowa
Purpose: To be responsible for the operation, care and maintenance of the sound system.
Reports to: The Sound Technician is accountable to the Pastor as Head of Staff and to the Director of Music.
1. To operate the sound system at regular worship services. Weddings, funerals, special services, concerts/recitals, etc. as requested.
2. To place, test, and adjust all microphones prior to use, including all cordless equipment.
3. To coordinate use of sound system with pastors, organists, pianists, instrumentalists, choir directors, children’s music director, soloists, or whomever is to use the sound system.
4. To stay current on specifics of the use and operation of the sound system.
5. To attend requested practice sessions of choir, weddings, special programs, etc. when requested.
6. To assist in the maintenance of the sound system.
7. To make recordings available to the church office for hospital patients, shut-ins and etc.
8. To upload weekly sermons to the church website.
This position is accountable to the Session’s Worship Committee and the Pastor and reports to the Sunday School Director.
- arriving in Creche at appointed time each Sunday morning or other agreed upon times and caring for infants and children up to approximately five years of age. Staying until all children have been picked up by parents or responsible adults. Never leave children unattended.
- being dependable and prompt in carrying out job, including reasonable advance notices of absences. Creche attendants must secure their own subs and call Sunday School Director of any schedule changes.
- being flexible on job hours should an emergency occur.
- ability to work alongside other Creche Attendants.
- relaying parental or environmental concerns to appropriate church staff or Sunday School Director.
Please send your resume to First Presbyterian Church, 608 Nebraska Ave, Sioux City, Iowa or call 712-255-8919 for an appointment. You can email your resume to: email@example.com