First Presbyterian Church
Sioux City, Iowa
Purpose: To be responsible for the operation, care and maintenance of the sound system.
Reports to: The Sound Technician is accountable to the Pastor as Head of Staff and to the Director of Music.
1. To operate the sound system at regular worship services. Weddings, funerals, special services, concerts/recitals, etc. as requested.
2. To place, test, and adjust all microphones prior to use, including all cordless equipment.
3. To coordinate use of sound system with pastors, organists, pianists, instrumentalists, choir directors, children’s music director, soloists, or whomever is to use the sound system.
4. To stay current on specifics of the use and operation of the sound system.
5. To attend requested practice sessions of choir, weddings, special programs, etc. when requested.
6. To assist in the maintenance of the sound system.
7. To make recordings available to the church office for hospital patients, shut-ins and etc.
8. To upload weekly sermons to the church website.
Sunday School Director
Status: Part Time – 5 Hours a week - $15.00 per hour Reports to: Pastor (Head of Staff); Office Administrator
The Sunday school director will serve the Christian Discipleship ministry with comprehensive oversight of programs and volunteers dedicated to the ongoing Christian formation of children, youth, their parents, and other adults within the congregation; contributing to the overall mission of First Presbyterian Church, Sioux City.
- Identify and coordinate curriculum choices for Sunday school, Wednesday Family Night, Vacation Bible School and Confirmation in conversation with the Christian Discipleship Committee.
- Recruit and train teachers/volunteers for Sunday school, Wednesday, VBS and youth activities.
- Develop and lead training for the participation of children and younger youth in worship as acolytes and bible carriers.
- Assist Children’s Choir Director on Wednesday evening.
- Supervise and oversee crèche workers and manage their schedules.
Experience teaching and/or leading Christian Education/Discipleship programs.
Able to move freely in and out of different congregational settings (homes, church, businesses).
Able to speak in a public setting
Sunday morning 9:00 – 11:30 – Ensure Sunday School goes smoothly, be available to all the teachers, assist the Children’s Choir Director and supervise the crèche.
Monday – attend the all staff meeting on the 4th Monday of every month.
Wednesday 6:00 – 7:00 – Supervise crèche, provide programs for young disciples
Sunday – attend Christian Discipleship Committee meeting at 11:30 on the 4th Sunday of every month.
Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Pastor in consultation with the Committee on Christian Discipleship. The Session Personnel Committee will annually review the performance review and make recommendations regarding the adequacy of compensation.
This position is accountable to the Session’s Worship Committee and the Pastor and reports to the Sunday School Director.
- arriving in Creche at appointed time each Sunday morning or other agreed upon times and caring for infants and children up to approximately five years of age. Staying until all children have been picked up by parents or responsible adults. Never leave children unattended.
- being dependable and prompt in carrying out job, including reasonable advance notices of absences. Creche attendants must secure their own subs and call Sunday School Director of any schedule changes.
- being flexible on job hours should an emergency occur.
- ability to work alongside other Creche Attendants.
- relaying parental or environmental concerns to appropriate church staff or Sunday School Director.
Please send your resume to First Presbyterian Church, 608 Nebraska Ave, Sioux City, Iowa or call 712-255-8919 for an appointment. You can email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org