Title: Choir Director
Purpose: To be responsible for presentations by the Chancel Choir.
Reports to: The Choir Director reports to the Pastor as Head of Staff and to the Director of Music.
- Direct weekly and special rehearsals and Sunday morning appearances of Chancel Choir from September through May.
- Select music for performances by the Chancel Choir.
- Notify church office by Tuesday morning of the musical numbers (choir, soloist, etc.) to be included in the following week’s order of worship.
- Secure a substitute choir director (when necessary).
- Notify the Music Director of articles and information for the music column of The Light.
- Coordinate any “special musical performances” with the other First Presbyterian Church personnel.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, monthly Worship and Music Committee meetings and attend other meetings required of the staff and Worship and Music Committee.
- Work with the Worship and Music Committee in preparing a budget.
- Be responsible for maintaining the choir music library and accessories.
10. Be open to any other responsibilities that the Music Director deems necessary.
Any questions - please ask Mary Kay Benton at email@example.com or 712-540-4549 or call the church office at 712-255-8919 or stop in to the church office and fill out an application.
This position is accountable to the Session’s Worship Committee and the Pastor and reports to the Sunday School Director.
- arriving in Creche at appointed time each Sunday morning or other agreed upon times and caring for infants and children up to approximately five years of age. Staying until all children have been picked up by parents or responsible adults. Never leave children unattended.
- being dependable and prompt in carrying out job, including reasonable advance notices of absences. Creche attendants must secure their own subs and call Sunday School Director of any schedule changes.
- being flexible on job hours should an emergency occur.
- ability to work alongside other Creche Attendants.
- relaying parental or environmental concerns to appropriate church staff or Sunday School Director.
Please send your resume to First Presbyterian Church, 608 Nebraska Ave, Sioux City, Iowa or call 712-255-8919 for an appointment. You can email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org